If you thought just learning makeup skills from anywhere will get you sorted as a Makeup Artist then you must think again and hey you are not alone, Most of them are like you who assume that learning and becoming a professional makeup artist is easy.
We have more than 14 years of experience in this industry and have a very deep understanding of the changing market and customers in this article we are going to reveal some hard facts which must be taken very seriously if you want to succeed and become a successful makeup artist. The only problem is very few of you will take the time out to read this as the attention span of the new generation is for 15 to 30 seconds. Nevertheless, we will try to keep it short and tell you about the qualities of a good makeup artist.
1. Learning Makeup: It is very important to learn from the right makeup academy or the right makeup artist. This will decide whether you are able to match up with modern techniques and customer expectations or not. If you will try to save money in learning the correct skills then your suffering will be long term and you will continue to blame the clients for negative feedback. So please find the best makeup academy in your town and
2. Communication Skills: If you are an introvert or one of those with few words then you may want to reconsider your choice of becoming a Bridal Makeup Artist or a Professional Makeup Artist. Good communication is the key to success, You will be able to negotiate well, Explain the process and meet the client’s expectations. You need to be respectful and smart as client these days are looking for an overall experience and not just makeup on D-day. Good communication will also assist you in your marketing and customer satisfaction.
3. Calm mind & Patience: I cannot stress enough this point, Commercial Makeup is extremely stressful and clients can sometimes get on your nerves because maybe they do not understand makeup or maybe they still don’t trust you because of their past impatient encounters with other makeup artists. For an artist, it is very important to remain calm and focus on makeup and ignore the surroundings. Do not overreact to the situation no matter how terrible it is, Work professionally, and use your communication skills and experience to control the situation. Something we teach in our academy in our business master class.
4. Time Management: They say time is money and we totally believe in it. Reaching the venue on time, and finishing the makeup on time is one of those key success criteria. This is not only for bridal or party makeup but for any assignment. If you are always late and slow then things will not work out for you and you will be tagged as unprofessional. Respect time, It will keep you calm and stable.
5. Adjusting: During weddings there are delays, During shoots, there are last-minute changes, and Clients may ask for something different. You have got to be flexible because the beauty of makeup artists is that you are always called to celebrate a happy moment. Do not be stubborn and do not always go by the book.
6. Education: If you thought you will ignore your studies and will straight up become a makeup artist then you have to think again, Education will bring you a lot of awareness and maturity. So if you are young then do complete your studies and then think about becoming a professional. If you have passed that age then no worries, Life must have taught you to be mature and aware.
7. Internet Savvy: All your marketing will happen through internet & social media and if you are one of those who hate social media then its a red alert. You will have to spend lot of time in content creation on social media platforms and you be better and super creative in that.
Bridal Makeup Artist or Professional Makeup Artist, Party Makeup or fashion makeup look you will have to spend time daily for lead generation and marketing. It is not a hobby but a serious profession with amazing returns. Join the best makeup academy possible and learn a lot.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. When should I book a bridal makeup artist?
A. A bridal makeup artist should be reserved in advance because they fill up quickly throughout the wedding season. If you have a short wedding date, it might not be easy to find a makeup artist on such short notice. You might have to wait until the last minute and hope they are available.
Q2. What is fashion makeup?
A. High Fashion makeup is a form of makeup typically applied to the face to create a look specific to fashion, such as a cat eye or winged eyeliner. High fashion makeup is not just about beauty and glamour it’s also about artistry. It takes time, patience, skill and creativity to create a flawless look that will be loved by many.
Q3. What is personal grooming?
A. Personal grooming classes give you art that allows people to maintain and clean their body parts. Humans must wash and clean their body parts for personal hygiene and keep them looking decent.